Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:28:42 -0700 (MST)
From: l pomeroy
To: JJSwaim
Subject: re: rock, paper scissors

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, JJSwaim wrote:

>  Yo, Loren,
> (A 'kinder, gentler (conster)nation'
>
> Observations:
>
> 1.  Things?  I can't do all your work for you.  You must show some
> effort.  'Things' is substandard even for the simplest observer, say a
> gnat in your nose. (GIN)

"plays?"  "opportunities?" "allowed falangeal configuration classes?"

Hmm,  I'll have to mull this over.

> 2.Your opponent appears to be quite the flake.  First he has no
> preferences.  Then he's likin' those scissors big time.  In my
> experience one's chances of mathematically predicting the actions of a
> flake waffling go out the window.  One must rely on the scientific hunch
> theory (SHT) - close enough - the basic SHT if you prefer.

Actually the opponents are separate versions of the same person
who are diagonally parked in parallel universes.

> 3.  My BSHT says:  taking into account the low  cerebral functions
> performed by a human flakoid, of the male gender in particular, paper is
> selected less often due to the more 'desirable' agressive gestures
> associated with rock and scissors (actually someone should do a
> scientific study on this).  Therefore, is seems more scientific that
> your opponent be changed to 'she' since this would eliminate both the
> gender predilection and yes, the 'flake factor', producing a more random
> sample, hence a more accurate mathematical conclusion. (Assuming she
> does not similarly become addicted to any one predilection)

The "opponent" is male and suffers from repressed castration anxiety.
Thus the predeliction for "scissors."

> I have more observations if you're interested.

By all means, fire away.

> Honk, jj
> (you can consider that a goose, or a taxi - I meant the latter as I live
> in NYC. )

goose?  taxi???  I thought it was a racial slur aimed at my
caucasian ethnicity.

Arf!
Loren