Re: Vugs, vacuoles and voids

Jim Hurley wrote:

> 1 atmosphere? What would be a typical pressure at the center of say,
> a 1000 km planetoid?
>
> Hydrogen could be solid (metallic) at the core of Jupiter.
>
> The mention of temperature, etc. must include the pressure to be
> meaningful. We are not dealing with normal envvironments.

Hello Jim and list,

With gravity pulling away equally in all directions from the center of a
planetoid there would be little or no weight and little or no pressure.
We might then be dealing with the physics of a super heated gas in a
viscous liquid. Jupiter probably does have a metallic hydrogen core
(now), as Earth has a solid iron core (now), but nothing says they have
to be homogeneous. I'm suggesting, not stating, that it might be
possible for Albion type vugs to form in the liquid cores of
differentiated bodies.

Gene

Follow-Ups: References: