Final words on Peekskill meteorite car...I hope!

Hi all,

I'd like to answer some of the questions raised on this list and
hopefully put this thing to rest.

Questions regarding whether or not the pieces are real and who I am are
certainly valid.  Nothing was stolen, but merely
picked up, as I have mentioned before.  My father is a Peekskill
resident (I am a former one) and was walking by the
scene a day or two after the impact on his was to a local jogging track.
He had heard about the incident and was curious just like everyone else
in town.  He stopped, picked up some car pieces and continued on his
way.  Again, this was broad daylight,
people all around and a TV camera crew in the front yard.  Hardly the
ideal situation for a "thief"!

He gave me the fragments a few years later.  I put them in a drawer
where they sat until recently.  I am an amatuer astronomer and in the
past few months, I have become interested in collecting meteorites.  I
have started a small collection.  I joined this group to read and
exchange information about meteorites.  I posted my orginal message to
see if anyone was interested in the piece.  I did not know what kind of
reaction I would get.    I was hoping I could trade it for a meteorite
to add to my collection.
Four or five interested people contacted me.  None of them questioned my
intensions or if the piece was genuine.

I struck a deal with a collector who owns some of the Peekskill fall for
a small hunk of an iron meteorite.  Both parts of the trade are
currently in the mail headed for their new respective owners.  I
included a local Peekskill newspaper article about the car from 1992 as
well as a letter written by my father describing the situation under
which the piece was collected.

No theft, no scam, just some friendly internet trading!

Phew!  That's it folks...now about that meteorite in Texas......

Dan