Re: Collectors

Hey Rob,

Okay, so, *that's* the guy... now we have to figure out what we do next. Maybe
some serious letter writing from all concerned List members is in order? Or
has anyone out there got an e-mail address for the Uni of Glasgow?

The professor certainly needs setting straight, and this concerns all of us on
the List. Why? Well, later this year, if the Leonids "turn on" (fingers
crossed!) even though they won't provide us with any more meteorites every one
of us known to have an interest in meteors and meteorites will become public
property, to the media if we do that sort of thing, or simply in our
neighbourhoods if we don't. We really don't need labelling or branding as
starstone-thieves or whatever. I have no doubt that simply by being
enthusiastic about meteorites the vast majority of people on the List have
done more to educate the public about astronomy than the professor. I wonder
how many kids he's shown a meteorite to?

I'm not suggesting we flame the guy, just that we put our point of view
across.

Ideas..?

Stuart A