Re: Canadian Meteorites

>>Meteorites can be legally exported from Canada.

>Trust me Ron, they won't let them out!

The Canadian Act allows for the export of meteorite if a permit
is obtained.

>I bought the Hodgeville meteorite a couple years ago and I was threatened with
>the FBI, if I even thought about taking it out of Canada.  I was told by the
>officials that I would not be granted permission to remove it!

Well, yes, of course if you try to remove a meteorite from Canada
without a permit, then you are breaking the law.
I would of obtained the permit first before purchasing the meteorite.

>After looking
>at all the red tape I would have to go through to MAYBE get it out of the
>country, I was intimidated enough not to even try!  And you know that I am not
>intimidated by government blow hards easily!!!!!!

>Honestly, if someone has a secret on how to get them out, I really want to
>know!  I would love to get my meteorite back.

Then apply for a permit.  That is only way to get the meteorite out of Canada.

Ron Baalke