Re: Canadian Meteorites

>I bought the Hodgeville meteorite a couple years ago and I was threatened with
>the FBI, if I even thought about taking it out of Canada.  I was told by the
>officials that I would not be granted permission to remove it!

Instructions for applying for a export permit is here:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/culture/library/mcp/GUIDE_e.htm

Looking at the instructions, I noticed they only grant permits to Canadian
residents.  So, being a US citizen, you are ineligible to get a permit.
That's too bad, you should of familiarlized yourself with the Canadian
laws first before buying the meteorite.  However, the meteorite can still
be exported, but it will have to be done by a Canadian resident who
obtains the export permit.

Ron Baalke