Re. Prof Archie Roy

Hi Rob, Tom and List,

As we all now agree he's "misguided" and not the anti-Christ, maybe we should
start to formulate some sort of response to Prof Roy before we lose the
moment?

Face it, as meteorites become more and more newsworthy, and as public interest
in their source, significance and value grows - as we all know it will - WE'RE
going to find ourselves on the front line more and more, either as "experts"
to provide quotes to the media after major falls or hi-profile bolide/fireball
sightings (we are all going to be SO busy in November if/when the Leonids
really turn on! And none of us knows when - or where - the next big fall will
come...), or as apparently easy targets when meteorites are controversial, for
whatever reason.

The facts are on our side here! We've done - and are doing! - nothing wrong! I
don't want this to sound confrontational but we either speak up for ourselves
here, put our side of the story and set the "misguided" Prof  right, or we sit
on our hands and wait for the next "expert" with an axe to grind to snarl at
us, which will happen.

I'm all for "nice education" of misguided people, but I can't help thinking
that if we leave it much longer we'll miss the moment...

Stuart A