Re: Re. Prof Archie Roy

In a message dated 21/06/98 14:50:33 BST, you write:

<< As we all now agree he's "misguided" and not the anti-Christ, maybe we
should
 start to formulate some sort of response to Prof Roy before we lose the
 moment?  >>

Hi all,

If that's the general opinion of the List, and if we believe that his comments
are likely to harm reputations and undo the good work done by many on this
list, then it's a good idea.
The alternative is to let sleeping dogs lie and let it go this time.....we all
know his comments are mis-guided but it was a personal attack on me firstly,
as well as collecting in general. I intend to write an informal letter to him,
but I'm a humble collector and my words of wisdom won't carry much weight.
Let's see if anyone else has thoughts on this before taking it too far.

By the way (and I ought to have said in my earlier posting), I've had several
emails and telephone calls from the real experts.....well known names that
left me in awe!
The views of Prof. Roy are clearly not supported by the main players in this
field.....thanks for the support of all who contacted me, here in the UK and
overseas.

Regards,
Rob.