Re: archie / peekskill / canada

>>>If the pieces were left in the street, there could be a case for "public
>>>domain," ETC, ETC, ETC.

>>That is a good point. Let me provide this example.  If your park your car
>>in the street, does your car become "public domain", and anyone can now claim
>>your car?  If the car parked on the street was taken without the owner's
>>permission, would this not be called car theft?  If your kids
>>are playing with their toys in the front yard, and leave a few of
>>them on the sidewalk, do the toys become "public domain", and anyone
>>who is walking by can pick them up and claim them as their own?

>peekskill - ron's weak analogous situations aside--as well as his penchant
>for glibbly speculating on "the law"--

Hi Darryl,

This is a very valid example.  If is a weak analogy, then please
provide any counter examples or anything else that shows it be a weak
analogy.

>THE FACT IS that nearly every little
>broken piece of tail light was recovered with Michelle Knapp's blessing

I agree with you completely. The car pieces do belong with Michelle Knapp, and
you have now established the fact that she wanted to keep them.

>prior to the time that Mr. Garson picked up a neglected piece of refuse in
>the street.

Nevertheless, even the neglected pieces still belong to Michell Knapp.
With her blessing, of course.

>as it regards Mr. Garson's role in the aforementioned, i found it both
>grotesque and bizarre that ron saw fit to defame Mr. Garson--a subscriber's
>father--this past friday by suggesting he was a thief.

Are you advocating the taking personal property without permission
is proper?

>canada - let us please not address (i.e., "speculate") about this further
>until ron advises us on the number of non-scientific meteorite export
>permits that have been issued by the canadian authorities in recent years.
>okay?

I was merely pointing out the fact that the Canadian Act does allows
for the export of meteorites from Canada.   Take a look at this page:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/culture/heritage/mcp_e.htm

Ron Baalke