Re: Meteorite Falls

At 11:59 AM 6/22/98 GMT, you wrote:
> But
>should we consider, also, those government employees in Antarctica who have
>picked up many thousands of meteorites?
>--
>Phil Bagnall
>http://www.ticetboo.demon.co.uk/

  Sure but until they knew they were there they weren't looking for them
specifically were they? Also, how many amateur hunters have the money or
facilities to go and find/recover them in Antarctica? Once the scientists
knew they were there it was easy enough for them to get the funds and
equiptment to go and recover them. Especially when Mars rocks were found.
Would they have continued (for long) if they didn't find any Mars material?

Regards,
Tom Randall