Thin sections of irons; and the improved list

Thin sections of metals are used by metallographers; the metal is thinned
to several hundred nanometers by ion polishing or electrochemical
processes.  I've heard that the Institute of Meteoritics has some thin
sections of irons.  Have any readers used these; or know of any commercial
labs that can prepare them?
=============
Re: the New Improved List; I disagree with the recent opinion that a
cooling period & reinstatement is in order.  I do not believe that the
banished parties ever contributed one informative post (admittedly, the
highly partisan description of events at Monahan had some interest,
assuming he was banished as well), but used the list to buy & sell
(politely at first).  Each dealer should have their own customer list for
e-mail trading; and what happened to the meteorite sales e-mail list of a
few months ago?  Only a few of us have a philosophical problem with dealers
of meteorites, but any e-mail list I know of has had to separate commercial
postings to reduce noise.  The real price we've paid for the traffic on
this list is the loss of participation by contributors such as Jeff
Grossman, Monica Grady, Frank Spera, Frank Stroik, and others.  When
unproductive traffic gets too high, busy people drop out (though I don't
know the exact reason we've not heard from these people.)
Peter Abrahams  mailto:telscope@europa.com