Re: Open Leter

Michael Blood wrote:

>         Perhaps you would be interested in what other members think about
> dealers, collectors or whomever, mentioning specimens for sale - what
> circumstances do they consider "acceptable" (or even desirable) and what
> circumstances do they consider distasteful, or even offensive.

Hello Michael, Art and list,

I have to agree with both Michael and Art in part when it comes to ads
on the list. I enjoy seeing a short offering of material or a notice
that someone has new material offered at their web site. The multi-page
lists and blatant self promotions in response to a request for dealer
information are quite annoying, however.

Also, since the list now automatically defaults to reply to the original
sender, the last few rounds of petty arguments seem to have been
conducted more in defense of egos than position. I know I have been part
of some discussions in the past that were getting out of hand, but I
hope my comments were seen as educational rather than ego inflating. Art
has always used a light hand, but, sometimes, the 2 X 4 method of
attention-getting works better.

Gene