Open Leter

Dear Art,
	I am writing you via the list because I believe other members MAY want
to make themselves heard on some of these matters, and, partly, because
your comment about the "...responses so far..."
imply an interest on your part as to what the general desires of the
group are.
	I certainly do not mind temporary removal of individuals making boors
of themselves, however, I must admit to some surprise at the following:
+"you already know who you are"
	Since they have ALREADY been removed, how do they get this message? (I
assume you emailed them directly, but this comment was on the list,
itself - a bit confusing.
+ I do hope removal is TEMPORARY - perhaps a "standard" 30 days for the
first time, 90 days the second time, 180 days the 3rd time (and
perminant, if somebody just doesn't get it after 3 times)
+I was substantially concerned about your comments regarding anyone
posting a  "blatent advertisement." Personally, I have attempted to
limit myself to mentioning 1) new stock 2) that has been a recent topic
on the list & 3) offering SOME degree of discount to list members.
Others whom I have not minded "advertizing" include dealers doing the
same and all non dealers, regardless, but especially when they have
something that has been of interest to the readership and/or are
offering a "below market" price. While I have been less than thrilled
with other dealers who have just periodically promoted their specimens
or web sites, even that did not completely disgust me.
	Perhaps you would be interested in what other members think about
dealers, collectors or whomever, mentioning specimens for sale - what
circumstances do they consider "acceptable" (or even desirable) and what
circumstances do they consider distasteful, or even offensive.
+I was surprized to hear from (read, actually) one of the "top 3" on my
own "list" of "masters of boredom." Since you used the word, "several,"
I assume more than two were removed. But, it is your list & "2 outa 3
ain't bad,"  as they say. (Though, I am mystified who could POSSIBLY
have been considered a greater contender for the "3rd slot")
	Again, thank you for maintaining this list for all of us to enjoy, Art.
I do hope others will comment on what they consider
desirable/undesirable in terms of "advertizing" and/or any other aspect
of keeping 2 or 3 individuals from flooding the system with petty
bickering, nitpicking and/or name calling.
	Best wishes, Michael