Re: Dar al Gani 262: Owners

<< I am curious as to how much of this material has been sold and how many
people are now in possession of lunar material. Does anyone have an idea for
my curiosity. I understand that a quantity of material has been sold in Japan
to those collectors.  >>

Maybe I'm being a little snobbish, I also wondered about this.  Does anyone
know exactly (approximately?) how many pieces Blaine sold and/or to how many
different individuals?  No names, just raw numbers.

Would there be any interest in compiling a "List of DaG 262 Owners"?  I can
certainly understand the reasons for wishing to remain anonymous, but many
areas of collecting maintain lists of significant pieces, finest knowns, etc.,
with TOTAL anonymity for the parties involved if requested.  They usually will
just use the owners' initials, or even just refer to it as "a (insert
city/state/province/country/etc. here) collection".

If there would be enough interest, I might be willing to serve as "compiler of
the data".

Sincerely,

Craig McDonald
Texas