Re: music "to read about meteorites" by...

Actually, there is music to read about meteorites by:

In 1982, I built an electronic music studio. The first thing I
composed of any substance was a multitrack recording called
'Meteor'.

If you have the Real Audio player (it's free from www.real.com),
you can hear this experiment. If you don't have Real Audio,
it's probably worth getting if you ever want to listen to sound on the
web.

The music is at:
   http://www.arachnaut.org/meteor/photos.html>

Just click on the link 'Meteor composition'.

I like this (but then I made it) - it has every cliche'd sound
from 1950's Grade B science fiction, and composed long before there
was anything called New Age music.

And yes, it was a -15 bolide, but a carbonaceous chondrite, and there
were no found fragments.

--
          Jim Hurley
       Arachnaut's Lair