Shocked Quartz (cleavable)

Hi to JJ, hi to all list members,

Prof. Dr. Dieter Stöffler wrote a very extensive article about quartz
(see below). There are three references that might be helpful. Maybe
someone on the list has access to the papers and can try and find some
relevant infos.

D. Stöffler and F.Langenhorst (1994) Barringer Award Address: Shock
Metamorphism of Quartz in Nature and Experiment - I. Basic Observation
and Theory (Meteoritics 29-2, 1994, 155-181) with 3 pages of scientific
references. Among these are to be found the following:

1) SHORT N.M. (1966) Effects of shock pressures from a nuclear explosion
on mechanical and optical properties of  granodiorite* (J.Geophys.Res.
71, 1195-1215).

2) SHORT N.M. (1968) Nuclear-explosion-induced microdeformation of
rocks: an aid to the recognition of meteorite impact structures (in
Shock Metamorphism of Natural Materials, eds. B.M. French and N.M.
Short, pp. 185-210, Mono Book Corp., Baltimore, Maryland).

3) SHORT N.M. (1970) Progressive shock metamorphism of quartzite ejecta
from the Sedan nuclear explosion crater (J.Geol. 78, 705-732).

* a magmatic, intrusive rock

I will forward JJ's email to Dr. Stöffler. Perhaps he has got the time
to answer this urging question.

Regards, Bernd