Re: Shocked Quartz (cleavable)

jj,

Shocked quartz as it pertains to impacts usually refers to compression, shock
lamellae and breaks in microscopic crystals. Not sure what you bought in the
store unless you have some coesite or other impact material. If you're
concerned about radioactivity, you can make arrangements with a local geology
department (school, government, etc) and have them checked with a geiger
counter.

Then all you'll have to worry about is toxic minerals.  :-)

Gene