Re: addendum Re: ALH84001 -

>please note that the apollo material given by nixon to the family of
>nations of his administration was not a gift to foreign leaders, per
se,
>but "to the people of (fill in the blank)" -- thus, there was no extant
>individual ownership.
>
>darryl

     I have seen one of these presented gifts at the British Museum of
Natural History in London. It was given to all the people of Great
Britain(paraphrased of course). As for the sale of lunar material, I
find it hard to see. The people of The United States essentially paid
for the specimens, so how can they be sold, and a fair return given to
all citizens of the United States? I guess the justification can be
found in furthering space science research and exploration. Just a
thought.

Frank