Re: SNCs & Mars

These are good points about the SNC's and the Lunar rocks. Just to add
complication, there are igneous rocks on earth (I know of several locations
in Colorado) that appear to have no known source (note I say "known").
However by looking at their gas compositions we surmise that they came from
a particular locality with a similar composition.  Same scenario goes for
the SNC's. We may never be sure, even when we return samples if those rocks
actually originated from Mars. But for now, Mars is a "best guess" and it
gives us directions in which to go. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Best wishes,
Matt Morgan