"Small Comets" from Earth?

Hi -
    Several years ago I attended a lecture by the
former science attache at the Russian embassy,
Lev Mukhin.  His specialty is planetary outgassing,
and if I remember correctly he predicted that the
Earth would loose its atmoshpere to space some
billions of years down the road.  (I guess you
can put this one of the stack on planetary hazards, someplace way down
the line from the impact hazard and gamma ray bursts!)
    Anyhow, I was wondering if it might be possible
that this planetary outgassing is the source for
Frank's "small comets".  The water outgasses (under the influence of
the solar wind), then condenses out, say at the L-5 point (maybe
around some existing debris), and the resulting accretion then falls
back to Earth.  Since the Earth is rotating, and the atmosphere is
dense, the accretion detonates on entry.
    Any thoughts?
                              Best wishes -
                                 Ed