Re: Not daunted by my Meteorwrongs...

Listoids,

The definitive work on the subject of "meteorwrong denial" is:

"The Discovery of the Wingstars: Volume II, The Evidence" by
Russell T. Wing, Wingstar Research Soc., Deephaven, Minnesota,
1971.  LC 76-144396.

For those that haven't seen this marvel, here are the opening two
pages:

[quote]
The world often ridicules
and gags
before it can swallow and digest
a revolutionary innovation
or discovery
THE TEXTBOOK OF THE
WINGSTARS
Terrestrial-type meteorites
("TERRESTRIALITES")

QUARTZ-PETRIFIED WOOD
FOSSILS
REMAINS OF PREHISTORIC LIFE

FROM THE SKY

THE LOG OF THE
GREATEST DISCOVERY
SINCE COLUMBUS

He presented evidence of another livable continent.
Now, space fossils present evidence of other livable planets.

A BREAKTHROUGH OF SHOCKING AND VIVID
PROOF
THAT WE ARE NOT ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE

[end quote]

This is required reading for everybody who deals with meteorwrongs.
Wing was quite a character, but I'm sure he must be dead by now.  When I
saw him at the Met Soc meeting (either La Jolla, 1980 or Albuquerque,
1984) he was certainly near 90 years old.  He claimed to have
invented the first camper-vehicle in 1915, the helicopter in 1917,
the Parker pen in 1938, and Wingstars in 1970.

jeff

p.s.  If anybody has Volume I, I'd love to see it.

Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383
954 National Center
Reston, VA 20192, USA

---------- Archives located at: http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: http://www.meteoritecentral.com/mailing_list.html ----------