Re: QUERETARO H4

> I recently purchased the QUERETARO H4 ordinary chondrite from a
> meteorite dealer. I require the following scientific information
> to complete my label. Please fill in the blanks. Thank you.

METEORITES - THE SHANOS COLLECTION

TYPE:                                                         Stone

CLASSIFICATION:                          Olivine-bronzite chondrite

PETROLOGIC TYPE:                                (H4)

NAME:                                                      QUERETARO

LOCALITY:                                          Queretaro, Mexico

LOCATION:                                     20° 38' N / 100° 23' W

FALL/FIND:                                               Found: 1971

TOTAL KNOWN WEIGHT:  A complete, very weathered individual weighing 11
lbs was found as a number of fragments which fitted togther two miles
N. of Queretaro city. Classification, olivine Fa18. 233g, Washington,
U.S. Nat. Mus.

CUT:                                                               Slice

WEIGHT:                                                       39.4 g

DIMENSIONS:                                     55 mm x 35 mm x 3 mm

FUSION CRUST:                                          Present

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: