Oriented Pasamonte

Dear friends,
	It is with great pleasure and humility I was able to come into the
possion of a particular oriented Pasamonte specimen I had read about
long ago. In ONE of Nininger's writings, he described finding 1/2 of
this beautifully oriented specimen, then, much later, in another part of
the strewn field, finding the other 1/2 and gluing it back togeather.
	However, extensive searching in Find A Falling Star (my all time
fovorite meteorite book) and The Published Papers Of H.H. Nininger
failed to locate the passage I so well remember - I remember thinking at
the time how I would treasure just being able to SEE the specimen he was
describing - daring only ever so wistfully to imagine owning it - as one
might dream of being Alladin with the genie of the lamp.
	I would very much like to relocate his commentary about this specimen &
if any one of you remembers reading about it and can direct me to it, I
will be very greateful.
	By the way, the very same specimen can be seen on page 327 of The
Published Papers of H.H. Nininger. It is the one on the lower right (as
part of an article addressing oriented stones).
	I had to trade heavily to get it - it is NFS at any price, of course
(those who know me well know the collector in me runs much deaper than
the dealer in me). Which, by the way, makes me fair game for anyone with
a very nicely orientd stone of any kind (the smaller, the better) who
wants to wrangle an advantagious trade out of me.
	In any case, this little 12.5g puppy is one I can look at hour after
hour - I do believe there are precious few things in life as beautiful
and moving as a nicely oriented stone meteorite. I do consider myself
extrordinarily fortunate. However, I do hope one of you can lead me to
that passage.
	May each and every one of you come into posession of a specimen that
moves  and gratifies you so profoundly. Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: