Re: Oriented Pasamonte

Dear Steve & list:
	Tim Heitz has said he will place a photo in his galary. (For those who
are not familiar with Tim, he is a collector and Dealer & a member of
the newsletter {& an all around pleasant fella} - he is the one who has
"meteoite man" holding up a slab of etched Gibeon on his site) I am sure
he will notify the list when it is up.
	Unfortunately, my digital camera SUCKS, producing very "fuzzy" photos
more often than not. Also, I have no scanner. Hopefully, Tim has a copy
of The Published Papers of H. H. Nininger.
	Anyone with a scanner can copy page 327, isolate the specimen on the
lower right & put it on part of a web site. (Remember NOT to post it to
the list, as big K use costs Art - a referal to a web site is
sufficient).
	Still hoping someone will remember where Nininger's description of
finding the two halves of this specific specimen can be found.
	One of the things this has stirred in me is the desire for a "Meteorite
Show" that is REALLY a meteorite show - as is a "Rose Show" or the like.
A "Show" where collectors exhibit their very best specimens for all to
enjoy & there are blue ribons given for first place, and there are
second and third places and "honerable mention"s. We could have
catagories based on: taxonomic classification, Specimen size, specimen
type (ie: whole, slice, part slice, macromount, micromount) Best
"display" of macromounts, best display of micromounts, Educational
displays, catagories for large irons, small irons, Eucrites, catagories
only available to entries by contestants under 18 years old, the whole
works. There could be an area for dealers, OR NOT - as people chose.
Perhaps, instead of having dealers,  a booth to which all dealers
contributed specimens, the sale of which would be used to pay for Hall
rental fees, advertizing, etc. OR BOTH - It could be a "movable feast" -
centered in San Diego one year, Chicago another, Houston another, San
Francisco another, Miami.....etc. We could have raffled specimens
donated by dealers, etc.
	I would be very interested in hearing what other members of the list
think about such an idea.
	Best wishes, Michael
---
Steve Ervin wrote:
> Congratulations Michael...  How about posting a current picture so that some of us can admire from afar???
> Steve
> Dr. Stephen Ervin
> Department of Biology, CSUF
> Fresno, CA  93740-0073