Four suggestions

In a message dated 9/14/98 2:49:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
windowjc@nornet.com.br writes:

<<         To say the NASA's report has nothing to do with meteorites, are you
 kidding?
          Yes, some of the realeses, you can see by its head  contents, they
 are administratives information and I iliminate it with the key del. Fast
 and convinient....:-)
         This  is one of the most important keys we have in out key board...
 believe me!
         I almost use it over your message... but, hell, we can't be silence
 all the time! >>

Joel, Guy and List,

I agree with you.  About 1 in 10 of the NASA posts seem to have a hint of
something to do with meteorites.  And don't get me wrong, some of the others
are interesting too, they just have nothing to do with meteorites.

My only point was that IF you wanted to get all of those posts you could also
sign up for that fourth list as well as any of the others.  If you did not
want it, then you could choose not to subscribe to that particular list.  Or
periodically, you could go to the archives of that list and check through
which posts you might like to read, and save all that hard disk space as well
as the wear and tear on your delete button.

Just think of it like the different sections of a newspaper.  Some people ONLY
read the head lines, or possibly the first paragraph of every story.  Others
go to the Sport section first.  Others to the cartoon page.  Others to the
financial page.  Still others read the obituaries first!  Many people don't
even open some sections altogether.  Newspapers have learned that if they want
to sell more newspapers, they have to make it easy for more people to find
what they want, and help them avoid topics that they have not interest in.

I in no way implied that you would need to stop getting those reports that you
seem to enjoy so much, just that dividing the route that they come in on could
help people filter out what they are personally not interested in.  This
suggestion was only made to offer a possible solution to help us all get along
better, and AVIOD censorship!

But thanks for the feed back.  Any other suggestions anyone?

Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: