Re: BRILLIANT IDEA

Hi to all
I think the first chapter should be on true preservation. The benifits of
donating meteorites to the scientific community ( museums , universities
etc. ). Where they will be preseved for all and future generations. The
list of benifits are to great to list here .It would probably be the
biggest chapter?

Just a thought
John Blennert

----------
> From: Kenneth Carpenter
> To: geoking@intercall.com; meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
> Subject: Re: BRILLIANT IDEA
> Date: Monday, September 14, 1998 7:11 PM
>
> I would be interested in seeing/reading the past material on preservation
of
> meteorites.  I am new to this field and have probably missed some meaty
> items amid all the heated financial discussions.
> Ken Carpenter

I'll
> >go first:
> >
> >Michael Cottingham is actually the one who's had the brilliant idea
> >("Meteorite Preservation Project....an Idea"). Collecting all of the
list
> >posts on meteorite preservation (and there have been many -- I'm one of
> >several people who posted a question on this very subject and received
> >numerous helpful suggestions) would benefit those of us who are
collectors
> >and/or dealers, and could end up being a small but valuable contribution
> >the literature available on meteorite collecting and preservation.
> >
> >Since Michael C. has volunteered his time as editor, I'll volunteer my
time
> >as art director/designer for such a project as it's one of the things my
> >company does anyway. I'm not sure how such a project would get off the
> >ground, but if anyone wants to help Michael C., collect and edit the
posts,
> >I will put them together -- either as a booklet, or as a web site. And,
> >like Michael said, FOR NO MONEY -- just because it would be a useful
> >contribution. This is a good opportunity to demonstrate that we can (if
we
> >can) actually produce something beneficial as a community.
> >
> >Any other takers? That is, if there's anyone else still on the list.
> >
> >Sincerely
> >
> >Geoffrey
> >

> >* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> >Geoffrey Notkin
> >Senior Art Director
> >Stanegate Studios/Aleatoric Art Works, USA
> >P.O. Box 3,  Hoboken, NJ  07030-0003  USA
> >
> >Telephone: (201) 435-8888
> >            Fax:  (201) 435-8886
> >
> >Email: geoking@intercall.com
> >            ammonite@aol.com