Re: Nakhla

Kevin,
	Please do not get me wrong, and please forgive me if I am sounding
critical - you are HARDLY the only one who has done this - let me count
the dozens ! This is meant as a reminder to ALL of us (myself included)
to tread gently with one another.
	Ain't no meteorite thiefs or Yale Proffessor impersonators on our list,
that I know of. Matt is well known to be honest - as I believe all
dealers (except the ONE who's name is unspeakable) are, and try very
hard to provide acurate info. (I don't know to whom else you referred,
but am well aware Matt put out an "ad" in the last 24hrs re Nakhla,
mentioning "THE" dog - I had forgotten your having clarified that as a
myth). Don't forget, we (dealers) tend to be VERY enthusiastic in our
appreciation of the various aspects of meteorites (that is why most of
us ARE dealers) - so, often, what may be heard as "hype" is REALLY
genuine enthusiasm.
	Perhaps we could all address such errors directly to the person
involved & not creat a publically embarassing situation for him/her.
(Once it is in this forum, it then can only be addressed efectively in
this forum).
	On a more positive note, I thought your two part artical re Nakhla in
METEORITE! was nothing short of excellence - and I found your stories of
climbing into the South American mountains riviting ! You actually had
me praying for your safe return. (are we going to get another article in
METEORITE! or VOYAGE! out of THAT adventure ?! - I hope so)
	Best wishes, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: