Re: Eric Smart - unsubscribe or be unsubscribed

I'd have to disagree with Julia on this one.

I would go along with Voltaire (though you don't see him posting much to
this list!): "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death
your right to say it." (Er...leave out the death bit. There's no point in
going over the top).

Seriously though, where would we draw the line? Do we block messages from
people who do not accept fossilized life in Martian meteorites? Or who
disagree with impact-extinction hypotheses? Or who keep asking the sort of
questions they could easily get from a book? Or who feel that traders are
making too much money from meteorites? Do we really want to become elitist?

I have a much simpler method. Anyone I think is an idiot or a waste of time
is put on my "Delete from server" list, so my mail programme does not even
download their messages.

And can you remember the school bully? Someone who, when they were not
itching for a fight, would take great pleasure in taking the p*** out of
you? The best way to deal with them was not to respond. People hate being
ignored!

Phil Bagnall
www.ticetboo.demon.co.uk

>I never thought I would be saying this, but I think we should inundate Art
>Jones with requests to remove Eric Smart from this list.  This kind of
>material is pervasive on the net.  Anyone interested can easily find it.
>The quality of this list - it's integrity and credibilty - are at stake.
>Do we want to attract more of these discussions from people who stumble on
>to our list and see this material being discussed here???

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: