Re: Meteorites are just rocks

Calvin and list,

I quote from Daniel J. Boorstin/Library of Congress:

"You must collect things for reasons you don't yet understand."

All you need to do is look at the people involved in this "hobby" of
collecting rocks from other worlds. People like Bob Haag, Blaine Reed,
Walt Radomski, Allen Lang, and the Killgores come to mind...and there's
Casper, Kempton, Zeitschel, Labenne, and Buehler and so many others. And
of course there are the regular members of this list, too many to name,
and of course yourself Calvin, all who share this love of meteorites and
express it in one form or another. I myself have established a website
out of my systematic collection that brings me endless plessure to keep
current with the voluminous research that goes on in meteoritics today.
To me it's simply the mystery and investigative nature of nature I find
so captivating. But I must admit that the respect and friendship I have
developed for the people I have come to know or those whose research I
follow have made this a completely satisfying endeavor.

David
<http://www.geocities.com/~dweir>

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: