Re: Looking for Meteorites with Infrared binoculars

Now here is a subject that interests me.  The Correo area here would seem to be
a perfect place to try such a thing.  Many specimens have been found sitting on
top of the sand.  There are still some good search areas, tell me more about
infrared binoculars?

Linda
Correo, NM

GeoZay@aol.com wrote:

> I'm probably the last person of many who have already thought of this, but
> after watching some video of various pilots seeking out military tanks using
> infrared goggles or binoculars, has anyone here tried looking for iron
> meteorites with similar equipment? The iron tanks glowed from the heat it
> gave off at night and appeared to be easily noticed. It would seem that
> someone could scan various isolated terrain such as mountains, desert sands,
> dry lakes etc and see the heat emitting from iron meteorites if they were
> present?
> George Zay

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html