Re: Meteorites are just rocks

To ask "why?" is a fair and honest question, as we should always attempt
to question what is around us.  That is partially "why" I collect
meteorites.  Really, they are the only material I can own that comes
from some other world.  It gives me a glimpse as to what it is, and was
like there at one time.  Meteorites also show us what our own planet was
like BILLIONS of years ago.  Hold a piece of Allende and look at those
CAI's and touch them.  They are older than our own Sun!  Now that flips
me out.  I also collect meteorites for the historical value.  I love my
Ensisheim, L'Aigle, Pultisk, Nakhla, and Peekskill. I mean, Ensisheim
fell in 1492, before America was even "discovered" by Columbus. Pretty
neat if you ask me.
Best wishes,
--
Matt Morgan