---------------------- Forwarded by Jeffrey Grantham/Boulder/IBM on 06/21/99
10:29 AM ---------------------------

Jeffrey Grantham
06/21/99 10:27 AM

To:   GeoZay@aol.com
cc:
From: Jeffrey Grantham/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:  Re: Looking for Meteorites with Infrared binoculars  (Document link
      not converted)

Hi,,

I have been following this IR discussion as I am an IR spectroscopist.  Sounds
like it would work to me if we can fine turn the environmental conditions for
maximum IR differentiation.  I do believe that many detectors today do not
require liqiud N2 as some of the older models did.  They of course would not be
as sensative, but more practicle in the field and much less expensive.

Perhaps we could get several field hunters together and rent one for a week or
so.  I would be up for that type of field experiment.  Any takers?

Cheers,

Jeffrey

GeoZay@aol.com on 06/19/99 03:25:35 PM