Re: Asteroids feel the Force

Hello Ron and List,

Vindication!!!  Yes.  That would be the word. (Ray, let's loosen up on this
one, OK?)   In my post on Saturday
which is below, I mentioned there must be some anomalous force at work.
Granted, at the time,  due to dates and Ron's lack of telling us exactly how
far out Asteroid 3753 is:-),  I was under the impression that the alleged
'chip of the moon' and Asteroid 3753 were one in the same.

Actually I referred to the force as an energy field because I was afraid the
use of
the term 'force' might throw it into the realm of sci-fi.  Glad to see the
term can be used without fear:-)  So it turns out having to do with
thermo-dynamics and other influencing factors and maybe not as anomalous as
previously thought, depending on size, density, location, velocity,
rotation, etc. of asteroids.

Based on Mike and Ron's post regarding the Yarkovsky effect,  I hereby
declare that
it must apply to Asteroid 3753, even though it is no longer in the belt;
that it unevenly heated, was shifted into the inner belt, collided with
other(s) and was flung out to Mars who mistook it for an incoming tennis
ball and slammed it back at us.  Fortunately, Mars has much to learn about
tennis with regard to applying 'English'  (back spin) otherwise known as,
you got it, the Magnus Force.   Result:  it was Out of bounds.   We can only
hope that Mars never perfects its aim on the spin.

Thank you.  Applause welcome:-)
(This is so obnoxious, but why stop now?)
Julia
(I feel Baalke breath on my neck)