big meteor of 94

Can someone help me with references to an event in Feb 1994?  There was
a very bright fireball over the Western Pacific.  I remember a "New
Scientist" magazine, as best I recall it was an early Nov 1995 issue,
that mentioned it.  Does anyone by chance have that issue?  I know its
been talked about in books and journals as well but I can't find it,
even with a casual web search.

Is it the brightest fireball of recent years?  What about the recent
Greenland event, was it in the same class?

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: