Re: Pronunciation Nininger

Hello Piper,

interesting question. In Gifhorn I heard Kitty Killgore pronounce
Nininger´s name with a long first "i", and a "g" like "Ginger" (Hi
there, Ginger!). Is that the final truth?

Now what about "Orgueil" and "L´Aigle". Tough stuff, indeed, for
speakers not familiar with the French language! The Millbillillie case
seems to be easy compared with this.

I recently heard a native Finn pronounce "Marjalahti", the main mass of
this pallasite from Karelia which resides in Helsinki, and it sounded
really good. Another very interesting word is "ureilite", sounding very
different, when spoken by different native tongues. The meteorite "Motta
di Conti" from bella Italia, just mentioned yesterday on this list,
seems to be easy again for anybodies tongue, and btw: doesn´t it sound
really great, like a good Italian wine...? :-)

Alex

--
Alexander Seidel        My location on planet Earth
Dankersstrasse 22       N 53.5932  E 9.4683  6m asl

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: