Re: Pronunciation Nininger

Piper, Alex & list,
	I knew someone who spent time with nininger while he was still alive. I
can only assume he pronounced his name correctly, having known him.
	He pronounced it:
Nine (as in eight, nine, ten)
ing (as in swimming, running, etc.)
er (as in, swimmer, runner, etc.)
--------
As for Orgueil, I have heart the vast majority pronounce it:
Or Gay (as in, are you strait, or gay?)
	I have NO idea of "L'Aigle" and would want to hear a native speaker
pronounce it many times before I were confident of the pronunciation.
	One I CONSTANTLY hear misspronounced is "Correo" - pleople often call
it
"CORE eee oh", with the stress on the first sylable, when it is a
Spanish word, meaning "post office" or  post station and is correctly
pronounced:
core (as in apple core)
 A (as in "Hay") - the stress is on "A"
o (as in "oh")
	Anyone got the hot skinny on "L'Aigle" ??

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit:

Follow-Ups: References: