Re: Overnight Fireball in Connecticut

Hi, Dean & List:

     I'd be interested to know if your friend might have been traveling East
on Rt. 84 when he sighted the fireball.  I live in NYS (Hudson Valley) and
the description of the trajectory could place the impact site in my vicinity.
 Could be another Peekskill fall!

     Perhaps it's wishful thinking, but, depending on the location of the
witness at the time (what part of Ct.), the ENE track could put it about
here.  I was inside my house at 10 PM and didn't hear anything (sonic boom?)
but the TV was on and there was quite a bit of other noise going on.

     I would like to hear any other particulars (as I'm sure others on the
list would, also) about this event from you or others who may have noticed
something.  Meantime, I'm going out to look in my backyard!  Hey, you never
know......

     Thanks for the post, Dean, and please keep us abreast as to any
additional info, including news releases, etc.  Thank you, Art.

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: