Re: NASA's meteorite curriculum

I have a copy of this from a NASA Educator's Center, so I thought maybe I
would give my opinion of it before everybody goes and prints 222 pages.

It is a good learning tool, but keep in mind that it is designed for
students.  It was not as in depth as I had hoped (for example, it did not
describe the classification system of meteorites).  There are many pages of
activities, which means there are less pages of actual information for those
of us who are not interested in them.

My point is that this is a great learning tool for teachers to use, but if
you are a meteorite expert already, then you might have no use for it.  There
is some interesting information about a few historic meteorite falls, and I
did learn a thing or two about Antarctic meteorites.  However, when you are
printing it out keep in mind that it is made for use in schools and a lot of
the pages are somewhat childish activities (for example, making rice crispy
treat meteorites or examining the fusion crust of a candy bar).

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: