Re: Millions of new Comets Coming - Part 1 of 2

The quote references long period comets from the Oort Cloud.  Most of the
comets in a year are from the kupier belt and inside the radius of the Oort
Cloud.

Eric Olson

<<  At LEAST a dozen, usually more then that the past few years. I believe
 we've been up in the high 20's to mid 30's the past few years.

 Regards,
 Tom Randall >>

<< >bernd<<  The storm will be spread out over about
 > 2 million years, so only about one new long-period comet a year will
 > appear in Earth's traffic pattern. Still, when compared with the current
 > rate of about two comets per year, GL 710 will trigger a 50 percent
 > increase in local cometary traffic. (Richard Talcott)<<
 >
 >Only 2 per year? I thought the current rate of comets per year is more
along
 >the lines of about a dozen or so?
 >GeoZay

Archives located at: