From: Jim Hurley [mailto:hurleyj@arachnaut.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 12:29 PM
To: WBurkett@Ibm.net
Cc: Meteorite List
Subject: Crater note

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your note.

I am not very expert on terrestrial craters, but I will forward your note
a mailing list of people involved in the science. Perhaps someone from
that list will reply to you.

The URL:
  http://spaceart.com/solar/eng/tercrate.htm
has some details on terrestrial craters, as well as several photos of
craters in the
Canadian territories.

from Oslo, Norway at 39,000 feet My crew and I
> noticed a huge Meteor crater located in North Eastern Canada. We did not
even try to estimate the diameter from our
> altitude but we were able to see it easily from over 50 miles away.
> It is located at N 6115.07 W 7328.96
>
> Do you have any idea if this crater has been previously identified and if
so do you have any amplifying information on it.

> If not, where could I further research this?
>
> I really appreciate you assistance in this!
>

> Walter Burkett

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: