Re: MY first Holbrook find!!!!

Hi Mich-list,
John G's Quesadillas are to die for.  He didn't have a chance to make us
any on this trip, but the ones in July in the forest were excellent.
YUMMY!

As far as the wildlife droppings, there was an evident mappable
strewnfield of those.  I believe they are now referred to now as
"Fecalites"?  From what I hear, the rabbit ones are low in protein.
There seems to be a correlation between a deficient protein and a
deficient nickel content in the R6 pellets.  Now the CV's (Cow/Vaca)
specimens were much larger, but I still refrained from the taste test
and just left them to lie as "leverites".

All in all, I had a very good weekend.  I feel quite fortunate to find
something in a field so heavily searched through the years, especially
with witnesses.  (they still accuse me of planting them there beforehand
:o)  I don't think I'll go back until the mosquitos dry up or freeze
though. They were quite voracious in their appetites.

All I can say, it was a long time coming (for once-AND-it's about time)
hehehe.
Hometown, on-his-turf, Dave

Michael Blood wrote:

> John,
>         You're supposed to taste test John Gwilliam's quesodias - use the
> magnet on the wildlife droppings - keep saying it over & over, "Tast the
> Quesodias, test the....."
>         I must say I am surprized you found a strewn field where the meteorites
> aren't trained to jump right up into your pockets the way they do at
> Gold Basin! Do you think the Holbrooks speak another language?
>         Best wishes, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: