Re: Tunguska URL

There is something very interesting about this picture. When people study
ancient history, tree rings are often used to attempt to date events and
natural disasters. Narrow rings are years of little sunlight and therfore
possibly a natural disaster. A year of drought can often be seen in tree
rings. Looking at the 1908 ring in this picture, it is obvious that the
meteorite never killed the tree since it kept growing afterwards. My
question is " How could a meteorite create such a huge year of growth?". Is
something else going on here? Maybe it is a weak section that damaged the
tree but it recovered afterwards? The answer might have ramifications about
what actually happened.
Cheers
DEAN BESSEY