Millions of comets coming

Since we are on the topic of asteroids changing earths history you might be
interested in a artical written by MIKE BAILLE titled CHAOS FROM ABOVE in
the july/August 99 issue of a magazine titled DISCOVERING ARCHAELOLEGY. I
have some problems with some of the arguements but he gives a good arguement
that the world had 5 major impacts from comets in the past 5000 years,
1628bc, 1159bc, 2354bc, 208bc and 540AD. The 540 AD date I find interesting
since he argues that China and europe had strange things happening at the
same time. Its not reported in the artical but South America had unusual
uphevels at the same time also that lasted 40 years - beleived to be an
unusual shortage of water and rain. The auther beleives it to be comets. If
it was comets or meteorites I wonder if it created unusual meteorite
activity and if a larger amount of meteorites fell to earth around these
times. Maybe some scientist with access to large numbers of meteorites (Like
say from Antarctica) could do a statistic report on times of unusually high
meteorite activity
Cheers
DEAN BESSEY