Re: Tunguska URL

dean bessey schrieb:

> Looking at the 1908 ring in this picture, it is obvious that the
> meteorite never killed the tree since it kept growing afterwards.
> My question is " How could a meteorite create such a huge year of
> growth?". Is something else going on here? Maybe it is a weak
> section that damaged the tree but it recovered afterwards? The
> answer might have ramifications about what actually happened.

Hello Matteo, Dean, and List,

Here's an excerpt from the ' Tunguska '96 ' meeting report that may
provide an answer to Dean's interesting thoughts on what triggered the
"accelerated growth of the surviving trees" =====>‘Tunguska '96’,
Bologna, Italy, July 15-17, 1996 - Meeting Report from A. Harris:

" ... Longo and his colleagues have identified anomalous elemental
concentrations in the tree resins dating from the time of the event,
and a curious pattern of accelerated growth (cosmic fertilizer?) of
the surviving trees. More probably it is due to reduced competition
among the survivors ..."

Best wishes,

Bernd

Archives located at: