Murray,KY- September 23, 1990- part 5

Paducah Sun, Sunday September 23, 1990 - Associated Press

METEORITE MEMORY

MURRAYAN RECANTS THE TALE OF A 1950 CLOSE CALL WITH A FALLING ROCK AS IF IT
WAS YESTERDAY

Murray, KY - Just talking about his close encounter with a meteorite 40
years ago is enough to set Willie Barnett's chair rocking a little faster
than normal.

"We just hit the floor running," Barnett said, recalling events after a 7
1/2-pound meteorite crashed near his house on September 20, 1950.  "We
didn't know what happened. We thought an airplane crashed."