Argentinian Secret Meteorite Police

There's something wonderful about the idea of the Argentinian government
using a bogus Yahoo account to post threats to the Meteorite Mailing List.
I wonder if they're Y2K compliant?

I would hope that the Argentinian government has more important things with
which to occupy its collective brainpower, than sending jackbooted agents
up here to burst into meteorite collectors' homes, throw a few amateur
scientist types up against the wall, and shout, "Hand over the contraband
Campos!" Oh no! What if they confiscated a weathered Gibeon or Nan Tan by
mistake!? International incident on the way. Chinese government complains!
Namibia makes angry statement to the U.N.! Nobody expects the Argentinian
Secret Meteorite Police!

My own conspiracy theory: that self-styled international buccaneer and man
of mystery "Polo the Box Man" is himself posting dummy emails from
Argentina in an attempt to drum up interest in his . . . ahem . . . drums
of Campos. Or wait, could it all be a ruse by . . . a rival Argentian
meteorite smuggler? Crikey!

Great story this one. I just can't wait for the next thrilling episode . . .

Do keep us posted.

: )

Geoff N.

Archives located at: