Re: Campo del Cielo Meteorites - Official Argentine GovernmentNotice

Joel, all list members - and ANYONE who cares a whit about collecting
meteorites:
	This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we should all be VERY concerned
about. Just because the vast majority of Campo is little more than a
pile of rust waiting to happen, does NOT mean that the situation is not
VERY SERIOUS.
	Individuals actually laughed at me when I expressed concern in the past
about the possibility of governemntal intervention in the private
ownership of meteorites that fall in the U.S. Well, this is the NEXT
THING TO IT. If Canada, Australia, etc. etc. all start enacting such
"protectionist" laws and negotiating "extradition treaties" with the
U.S. Govnt. to come onto U.S. soil and "reclaim their property" where
will it end?
	This is NOT the same as a country reclaiming material obtained through
fraud or outright theft. This is addressing material openly purchased.
Furthermore, I do not consider this latest developement unrelated to the
criminal activities of "he who's name should never be spoken."
	If this does NOT seriously concern you, you are in a state of profound
denial or you are dangerously naive.
	Best wishes, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: