[meteorite-list] Re: Lunar Property??

From: capricorn89 <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:34 2004

You may all be surprised to know that many many years ago I actually
obtained a legal opinion from an attorney regarding owning lunar land. I
was in school at that time ( it was way back then.... ) but I was curious
regarding this and I happened to have a cousin who was a high-end lawyer.
He took the time to research and write a legal opinion (to humor me and keep
peace in the family I suppose). Don't even know where that paper might be
archived if I even have it anymore, but I do remember the bottom line was
that you could not own (buy, sell, deal, whatever) as you, and/or your
agents, could not enforce the claim.

Ron Hartman