[meteorite-list] Answer from the seller of the " meteorite " on Ebay

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:14 2004

Hello all

This is the answer from the person sell the "
meteorite " on ebay:

hello...

You are wrong...don't buy it then.

PS. I AM giving a refund in 7 days if you're not
satisfied.

Your friend Paul got THIS message sent to him.

Hey Paul,

Guess what?

It IS a meteorite.

It HAS inclusions which have BURNED OUT of the
surface. THEY ARE olivine in
appearance (glassy/greasy/crystalline) The
burn-pockets are NOT pebbles.
There is a lot of clayish (introduced kaolin) material
still in the pockets
that I have not as of yet cleaned out.

Stony/Iron meteorites DO NOT HAVE to be PALLASITE.
Meteorites come in
THOUSANDS of variations...Again, a silly reason for
this to not be real.

OF COURSE it has no known meteorite NAME....Duh, Not
ALL meteorites are
witnessed by people...and not all meteorites break
apart into 1,000,000
available/collectible pieces...That's a SILLY reason
to NOT be aunthentic...I
just havn't released it to anyone to take samples. I
AM offering a refund if
it is NOT what I say it is.

Of course, I am NOT a known expert. But that doesn't
mean I don't know what I
am talking about. Still, that is a silly reason for
this to not be authentic.

You RULED it's authenticity to be unverifiable because
I HAVE NO HISTORY with
EBAY??? THAT is absolutely the funniest thing I have
read all day!

AND... You're obviously not an expert on space debris,
YOU are telling me
that you can identify all meteorites by PHOTOS ALONE?
Give me a break.

You're just jealous =) Look at it this way...If it IS
a pallasite
variation...This could be be worth more than
$5000.00...easily.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I hope you're not a
real lawyer, because all
of your arguments have been very feeble.

Eric

IT IS A METEORITE !!! well, for the 27 June I put in
my ebay auctions tons of this material and I see if I
sold this.
Regards

Matteo

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769
ID Ebay.com: mcomemeteorite_at_katamail.com