[meteorite-list] Mercury?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:15 2004

JPBrockets_at_aol.com wrote:
> Hello List: =

> I apologize if I have missed this topic in the past. =A0But is there an=
y =

> specific reason why Mercury has not proven to be the source of any
> meteorites? =A0
> Thanks for any input.
> Juris
> jpbrockets_at_aol.com
----------
Hi Juris,
        In spite of the post indicating many believe anything leaving the =

pull of Murcury would INVARIABLY be pulled to the sun, many DO
believe the E Chondrites are from Murcury (because some constituent
of the E Chondrites requires heat only found that close to the sun)
        There is no question in my mind that, with sufficient FORCE, nearly
anything can be moved from nearly anywhere. So, it seams to me a =

big ol' hunk of Murcury could have been sent AWAY from the sun
in some distant past IF it was hit by a large enough meteoroid or =

comet way back when. =

        But then I am often wrong - just ask my sweetie.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
=93Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were =
a member of Congress...But I repeat myself.=94
- Mark Twain
--
1)  "Hunger Site" Donates 3/4 cup of rice EACH DAY you visit & click =
http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HungerSite